Q: Ask Lauren Fleshman #4 on The Running On Om Podcast
April marks the fourth Ask Lauren Fleshman podcast episode on The Running On Om Podcast. To learn more about why I choose to move to an audio format, read here. The podcast version of Ask Lauren Fleshman is a monthly series on Running On Om, where I answer listeners questions on all things that pop up when living an athletic life— motivation, injuries, relationship issues, nutrition, body image, you name it.
In this episode, I answer listeners questions on the following topics:
- How to decide and prioritize which ideas to pursue and which to back burner?
- How to find the time and the creative energy to devote to both running and writing without compromising your relationships?
- Tips for remaining mentally strong when doing workouts by yourself
- Insight on balancing new parenthood, running and working
- Is it better to improve by focusing on your strengths to compensate for your weaknesses, or work on your weaknesses to meet up with your strengths— in both running and writing?
- Navigating the internal and external challenges and expectations that come with a return to running after childbirth
Writing Prompts I shared from Marianne Elliott:
- 1. Set a 2-minute timer and write on the prompt: “What I really want to tell you…”
- 2. Follow #1 with setting a 5-minute timer and write on the prompt “The part I am leaving out is…”
- If you would like to submit your prompts to be read in May’s Ask Lauren Fleshman episode, email them to email@example.com & indicate whether you would prefer to remain anonymous or have your name included.