Q: Ask Lauren Fleshman #3 on The Running On Om Podcast
This past March, the third Ask Lauren Fleshman podcast episode was released on The Running On Om Podcast. To learn more about why I choose to move to an audio format, read here. The podcast version of Ask Lauren Fleshman is a monthly series on Running On Om, where I answer listeners questions on all things that pop up when living an athletic life— motivation, injuries, relationship issues, nutrition, body image, you name it.
In this episode, I answers listeners questions on the following topics:
- What is the role of innate, genetic potential in running?
- How do goal oriented athletes in relationship support one another emotionally during the highs and lows of their training and racing journeys?
- How do you decide what takes priority— pursuing your dream job in a city or living in place that has a connection to the outdoors?
- Why Lauren loves Bend, Oregon?
- Overcoming hypothalamic amenorrhea through nutrition and how professional runners handle intense training without losing their fertility
- How the growth of online running coverage sites creates unrealistic expectations for younger athletes
- And how do you deal with the disappointment that comes with injury and not allow it to determine your self-worth?